Ever wondered what a giant cookie would look and taste like? This Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie is the answer! It has a soft and chewy centre crumbly and crunchy edges and it’s full of chocolate goodness. You can serve it with a variety of toppings – from different kinds of chocolates, to vanilla bean ice cream or some caramel sauce. This means that it can be easily personalised for everyone.
The best thing about this cookie is the fact that it’s even better when it’s warm, straight from the oven (no need for it to cool down). However, that contrast between that gooey, warm cookie and cold, smooth ice cream is genuinely the main reason why you should give this one a try.
How to make this Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie
This recipe is so easy to make! The cookie dough comes together in less than 10 minutes and requires no chilling time. It’s perfect for a no-fuss but definitely delicious and memorable, chocolate lovers dessert.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together. Beat the softened butter and sugars until smooth and creamy – make sure your butter is at room temperature before you start (you can defrost it in the microwave in 15 seconds intervals until soft). Next add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&M’s or any add-ons you prefer. The dough will be rich, creamy and thick.
- Spread the cookie dough in your 10 or 12 inch skillet. It will take 5-10 minutes longer to bake in the 10 inch one, because the dough will be in a thicker layer than in the 12 inch pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Special topping options
You can serve this pizookie with numerous kinds of toppings. My favourites are lemon and vanilla bean ice cream and my Bourbon Caramel Sauce drizzled on top. Other delicious options would be some Reese’s pieces or M&M’s sprinkled over the warm chocolate chip pan cookie, a drizzle of peanut butter, chocolate sauce or even some maple syrup. Also, I totally recommend a big glass of milk next to this dessert.
Why you’ll love this Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Easy to make
- Perfect for sharing with your friends and family
- Soft and chewy centres
- Crunchy and crumbly edges
- No chilling time required
So grab your spoons, add your favorite toppings and be ready to dive in this warm and chewy chocolate chip pan cookie!
The Best Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your 10 or 12 inch oven safe skillet. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the softened unsalted butter with the sugars at medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula or spoon. Spread the cookie dough in an even layer into your prepared skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (if using a 12 inch skillet) or for 35-40 minutes (if using a 10 inch skillet). The cookie will be brown on the edges and slightly brown on top. Let the cookie cool slightly on a wire rack before digging in. Serve straight from the skillet or slice it. Top with ice cream and my bourbon caramel sauce.