I love how you can make pasta with almost anything – from leftover chicken, countless cheese varieties, vegetables and even fruits. One of the most important things is that pasta recipes are always ready in no time – this comes together in 30 minutes or less. For me, pasta is definitely my comfort food. I could easily eat it once a day and sometimes I do. This is why I’ll say this Garlic Alfredo Shrimp Bake is my go to recipe. It has buttery, garlic infused shrimp, a velvety and decadent Alfredo sauce, cooked pasta, fresh cherry tomatoes, all is topped with a layer of cheese and baked until melted and caramelised. It’s all you’ve ever wanted from a pasta recipe.
How to perfectly cook Shrimp
It’s sooo easy to make delicious shrimp. First of all, you need to thaw them if you’re using frozen, but that will take about 10-15 minutes if you put them in a bowl of water. Then, if you buy them already peeled and deveined, you just have to cook them for 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink. You can even buy them pre-cooked, they’ll still turn out amazing! In addition, they don’t need special ingredients or spices to make them taste incredible. Butter, garlic and some fresh herbs it’s all you need to emphasise the shrimps’ flavour. I’m definitely team shrimp, they have everything going on for them – from the chewy texture, the incredible flavour to the beautiful pink colour. If you’re not such a huge fan of shrimp, I still recommend preparing this garlic Alfredo shrimp bake, you might change your mind.
Instructions for a creamy Alfredo Sauce
This sauce is creamy, rich and packed with melted cheese. Also, it comes together in under 5 minutes. You can use this sauce on it’s own with cooked pasta or take it up a notch and add shrimp and tomatoes and then bake it at the end with extra cheese for a decadent main dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour milk and heavy cream, mixing until combined. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
That’s it! So if you’re looking for a simple and indulgent recipe that will warm your soul, this is the one you should prepare. For a healthier option you could make my Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Mozzarella and Pistachios or this Easy Basil Pesto Pasta Recipe.
Garlic Alfredo Shrimp Bake
- 6 oz tortiglioni pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp flour all-purpose
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded, divided
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Boil water in a large pot. Salt the water and cook pasta according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, melt 1 tbsp unsalted butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic cloves, shrimps and fresh parsley. Cook shrimp until pink and slightly golden-brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter to the skillet, and stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute, then add milk and heavy cream. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until slightly thick. Add half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Reserve a little bit of pasta water in case the sauce is too thick.
- Add shrimp, cherry tomatoes and cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until combined. Add pasta water if necessary.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for 7-10 minutes until melty and slightly brown on top.
- Let the pasta cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with roughly chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper.